Tuesday, November 11, 2008

365 days

365 days ago tomorrow I dropped off my son at the missionary training center.
Oh, what an experience this has been for me.
Today- being Veteran's Day- I just can't help but think of all the mothers out there who dropped their boys off somewhere else... whose sons are at war. How I ache for them. My heart breaks at the thought. How do you send your son/daughter to war? How do you go about your day - knowing your son/daughter is at war?
I can tell you this- I am grateful, thankful for those mothers out there that do send there sons/daughters/husbands off to do what they do.
And in honor of Veteran's Day-
Hi to my favorite Vet-
DAd
My dad was an infantry man in Korea.
I love you dad!
Hope you have a great Veteran's day & know we love & appreciate you for being such a great dad & soldier.

4 comments:

Kristy said...

I am dreading the day when I have to drop off my own sons.

We love our soldiers and missionaries!

Jill said...

Wow, what a year!

wende said...

great post! i am so worried about dropping my boys off. i really try not to think too much about it. the blogger moms will have to be there holding my hand because i don't think i'll be able to do it myself!

yay for veteran's day. i love our military!

michelle said...

I can't fathom it -- dropping my son or daughter off to go to war, or my husband. My visiting teaching companion's husband was in the Navy and would be gone on subs with no contact for months and months. Amazing.